[geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

Micah R Ledbetter vlack-lists at vlack.com
Sun Dec 9 03:04:34 CST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007, at 22:20, Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> I *HATE* console games, and the infection of console mentality into
> computer games, and it will hurt to lose one of the few stores that
> kept a decent PC games section.

I think consoles are great for some games. Games where you need four
directions and some other "kill stuff" buttons. Mostly 2D games -
platformers, fighting games, space-invaders games, etc. They work for
some 3D games, too (but not usually as well as a mouse+keyboard+desk).

What I don't understand is fucking Halo. Why the hell would you want
to play a first person 3D game with anything other than a mouse or
joystick? Ugh. I wonder how that kind of FPS-only-slower could have
saved something like the original Xbox, which had nothing else going
for it.

  - Micah