[geeks] End of the line for CompUSA

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 8 22:20:53 CST 2007

On Dec 8, 2007, at 7:42 PM, Jonathan C. Patschke wrote:

> On Sat, 8 Dec 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>
>> Well, it's finally happened - CompUSA is closing their last 100 store
>> fronts in USA...
>
> Ohno!  Wherever will I go now to find overpriced consumer-grade "IT"
> crap?  I'm still irritated at them for borging Computer City and
> replacing them with something not nearly as nifty.

That's funny, but as much as I poke at "CompostUSA", it is nearly the
only place in town for me to get things quickly, and the only place to
get some things at all.

When they go away, the situation gets worse, bad as that may seem.

Also, since I like games...

They are almost the only place left that sells computer games instead
of dumbed down console crap.

A lot of other local stores dumped computer games five years ago.

I *HATE* console games, and the infection of console mentality into
computer games, and it will hurt to lose one of the few stores that
kept a decent PC games section.

CompUSA also sold a lot of Mac computers around here, and their loss
means 90% of the Mac stores in Tidewater will be gone now.

Of course, when they do go, maybe other stores will open and/or re-open.

I hope so, because until then, suckage prevails.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com