[geeks] Global Warming causes...

Sun Dec 2 11:15:53 CST 2007

>> [cosmic rays creating atmospheric aerosols]
> Now see, I can see cosmic-ray particle tracks forming cloud and
> COOLING the planet by raising the albedo.  But warming it, I don't
> think I get.

I'm not sure either; I wasn't trying to speak to the effects of the
aerosols, only their formation.

> Unless they're trying to argue that cosmic rays preferentially strike
> the planet at night.

I suspect they do, but by only a tiny margin, since the Sun blocks part
of the day sky but not the night sky.  (The effects of the other
planets are biased in favour of daytime - almost completely, for the
planets inside our orbit, or slightly, for those outside - but they
cover so little sky that I suspect their effect is not even
measurable.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca