[geeks] Global Warming causes...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sun Dec 2 00:49:58 CST 2007

> No, it has not. NASA found exactly the opposite. In the last 100 years,
> the warmest years were around 1930. Remember the "dust bowl"?

Cite the publication so I can look it up.  The "Dust Bowl" could have been
due to a localized effect or a short term warming.  Were the years after
warmer than the years before?  Or did the temperature dip for a few years
and increase again?  Some research I've seen shows no such warming then
cooling.  It did show seasonal fluxuations so it had the resolution
Most of the dust bowl problems were from lousy farming techniques during
a period of drought.  About four years ago, my area of the world ended
a six year drought where if there was normal precipitation for five
years, another year would have no precipitation.  Because it ended, was
that a sign of the end of global warming?

> > Actually science is neither good or bad.  The application of the knowledge
> > is what is good or bad.

> I agree with that. :-)

That's one that gets lost on the public unfortunately.

Bob