[geeks] Speaking of the ASUS Eee

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Dec 1 14:46:01 CST 2007

On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:49 PM, hike wrote:

> For serious work, use the USB with a USB keybaord and mouse.
> But why fix it when you can complain?

Wonderful idea.  Let's take a *PORTABLE* computer and "fix it" by
making it non-portable.

The machine is fine for some uses, but if you need a keyboard, look
elsewhere.

> I have a friend who writes books (that are commercially published)
> on a
> PDA's keyboard.

He's probably the same guy a friend of mine's mother's boyfriend read
about who repairs ships for the US Navy using a soldering iron and a
pair of pliers.

Rant: Why do people always say "commercially published" as if it means
something?  A tabloid article saying Britney Spears had George Bush's
alien baby written on a knapkin is "commercially published", so what?