[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Thu Aug 30 06:08:05 CDT 2007

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 10:05:46PM -0700, N. Miller wrote:
>> Although, Amish don't proselytize.
>
> They are smart enough to know that it would not work. Their lifestyle
> requires faith. If you have it, you stay. If you don't you leave. In
> between, you can cause a lot of trouble.

Good for them.  It may be just me, but "Believe like we do!"  "Uh, OK!"
somehow just never worked for me.  Especially when the only two answers
to most of the *difficult* questions were "There are some things Man was
not meant to know" and "How dare you question the word of God!", both of
which always struck me as just ways to avoid saying, "Uh, no fucking
clue, dude.  If you ever find out, tell me."

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.