[geeks] What's old is new again...

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Thu Aug 30 01:27:00 CDT 2007

On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 11:02:19PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> I'd love to see a "new" lunchbox form-factor, with the new Niagra T2 CPU
> in a small, desktop chassis with a couple hot-swap disk bays (4?)... 64
> execution threads (8 threads per core, 8 cores per "chip") - yum.

It would be loud.  I have a T1K and when running in a normal room (not a
datacenter) its almost too loud to be in the room with.  EXTREME forced-air
cooling.

See here:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/50/139849813_43ee9aa9a3_o.jpg

Although you might get by with a 120mm fan in front pushing, and another in
the back sucking.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford