[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Wed Aug 29 02:20:04 CDT 2007

>> It looks as though I'll have to say goodbye.  [...]
> Did you ever think to just address this with me directly?

I considered it, briefly, but...

> My other email (mrbill at gmail.com) is pretty well-known.

...I didn't know about this.  (I semi-hesitate to write to gmail
anyway, since I "don't accept gmail" - an oversimplification, but the
reaction that reply attempts from gmail often provoke.  I probably
would have in this case, though.)  And I had no reason to think that
any other address using ohno.mrbill.net would work any better.

And I also had no particular reason to think there was anything to
address with you directly; it's not for me to tell you your choice of
mail filtering is in any way wrong - I probably have some email filters
you'd think, if you ever ran into them, are as misguided as I think
just about any block-on-listing use of SORBS is (such as the rejection
of gmail webmail I alluded to above).  And "your server, your rules" is
just the flip side of "my server, my rules"; since I live by the latter
almost stridently, I feel I have to be just as strident with myself
about the former.  (In passing, I extend a standing offer to any
listowner whose list I'm on to arrange for list mail to be simply
dropped when it would otherwise be rejected, if that would make things
easier on said listowner.)

Thank you, both for turning off SORBS and for the explanation; I don't
feel you owed me either.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca