[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Tue Aug 28 19:07:05 CDT 2007

after reading the link you provided, the person running SORBS sounds an awful
lot like some idiot i had to deal with at a RBL several years ago, the mail
setup on the server I was administrator on would accept incoming mail from
anyone, but unless it was targetted to one of the domains that it was mailhost
for or one of the other systems it was specifically set to relay to, it just
dropped the message into /dev/null.

I was informed that was not acceptable, to not get my server blocked I had to
reject any and all relay attempts (according to the luser running the RBL)  I
had unlimited incoming bandwidth at the time and found it amusing to piss
spammers off by bit-bucketing their emails.  He did not care that my mail rules
were routing non authorized emails to /dev/null.