[geeks] Goodbye, I guess

mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca
Tue Aug 28 17:56:35 CDT 2007

It looks as though I'll have to say goodbye.  ohno.mrbill.net is now, it
appears, using SORBS, one of the more broken DNSBLs out there, one which
lists me for refusing to admit their abuse to my network (see SORBS
evidence file at http://www.sorbs.net/misc/29698.txt and compare that to
the rejection message I got from ohno.mrbill.net:
<<< 554 5.7.1 Service unavailable; Client host [216.46.5.7] blocked using spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net; Spam Received See: http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?216.46.5.7
554 The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>... Service unavailable
).  I hate to lose you people, but it's Mr. Bill's list on Mr. Bill's
host, so it's Mr. Bill's rules, and they appear to include not wanting
mail from people who refuse to allow SORBS's abuse onto their networks.

Thanks for all the great discussions!

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML               mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca

(This message is being sent by typing into a telnet session from another
one of my machines, one which does not normally send mail anywhere.)