[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Mon Aug 27 14:44:12 CDT 2007

Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> On Mon, 27 Aug 2007 12:18:44 -0500
> Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Aug 27, 2007 at 12:13:33PM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
>>> Why wait?  Start small now.  You'd be surprised at how little it takes to
>>> get started on a trade.  The biggest two are usually time and space _not_
>>> money.
>> Lack of time.  Lack of space.  Lack of money. 8-)
>>
>> I'm talking "six months apprenticeship working under someone" type stuff.
>
> Some areas of the country have maintained this kind of tradition better than
> others.
>
> I'm with Bill: if I ever become rich, I'm the hell out of the rat race.
>
> Then I'll finally be able to do something I think is worth doing.

If I ever became rich enough, I'd like to retire and then start
sponsoring basic research into important areas that aren't getting
enough attention now, either because there's no immediately evident
profit to be made from them, or because they'd threaten some established
industry's captive cash cow.

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.