[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Aug 27 12:13:56 CDT 2007

" From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
"
" A funny quote further down the thread:
"
" "I regularly advocate Mensans to forget about college, take up
" welding, and thus get the world by the short hairs. If its money
" that matters in the USA (Randy Newman), a trade is the quickest,
" most certain, and most independent way to get there. You can read
" Kant and Nietzsche very well on your own without a Philosophy prof
" making ludicrous suggestions all the time."

this goes along with the car talk rant about art history majors
learning to say 'you want fries with that?'...  all those liberal
arts courses are valuable subjects - they just don't have much career
potential.

i could go on my own rant about history being written by english
majors and why don't we have technology history courses?  the
invention of the windmill has probably had more effect on europe than
most anything short of the plague.