[geeks] Discuss this quote...

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Mon Aug 27 12:01:50 CDT 2007

" From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
"
" "This has been my experience working for large corporations: the
" creative, innovative and more efficient workers are the first to get
" the ax. They are regarded as loony, non-conformist and lazy. Their
" gifts of foreseeing the future and trying to get people to prepare
" for it are resented by those with second-tier intelligence, which are
" conformist rather than innovative. Conformists tend to hold the
" stable management positions of power below the top. Conformists last
" in organizations, innovators either go up to the top tier or are
" forced out, depending on whether they are also able to build power
" bases.
" "

i wouldn't be surprised if this could be traced back to machiavelli's
'prince'.  it has the rep as a manual for would-be despots, but when i
read it my impression was more that it's an objective description of
political psychology, from all sides.