[geeks] Newspaper Web Sites

Thu Aug 16 23:28:32 CDT 2007

>> This is a bug?  Seems to me that's how it should work.  You have
>> whitespace between <SOMETAG> and blah, you get a space there.  You
>> have whitespace between </SOMETAG> and <NEWTAG>, you get a space
>> *there*.
> Yes, it is a bug when it occurs between content tags.
> The W3C says so, and only one browser does this: IE.

I'm not sure what a "content tag" is, but it would be an even worse bug
I infer that it is a proper subset of tags, meaning they did exactly
what I cynically/pessimistically guessed they would: some tags eat
whitespace (or, at least, are specced to) and some don't.

Ugh.  No wonder it's so hard to build a decent webpage.  Makes me glad
I never got into that stuff....

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca