[geeks] FS/FT: Clarion Calypso Sirius radio setup

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Mon Aug 13 13:00:36 CDT 2007

Just cancelled my Sirius subscription after a year and a half because it
really wasn't worth the $13/month or so to listen to their 80s channel when
Houston has a decent 80s station.

So, I've got the receiver / "home kit" / remote / antenna / etc for sale or
trade if anybody needs a Sirius setup or wants an additional receiver.
You can buy a cheap "car kit" to use this in a vehicle - it has the FM
transmitter and line-out built in (I ran the line out to the AUX IN on
my Tivoli desktop radio here in the office).

It's the Clarion "Calypso".  I liked it because of the nice clear blue-on-
black LCD display, and because I had a remote and never had to actually
touch it to do anything.

http://www.sirius.com/servlet/ContentServer?pagename=Sirius/CachedPage&c=ProductAsset&cid=1110896707981
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-mSYqUklsDPf/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?i=020CALYPSO
http://www.amazon.com/Clarion-Calypso-Sirius-Satellite-Receiver/dp/B0009WD9B6