[geeks] Let say you wanted a small, small, PC...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sun Aug 5 14:10:23 CDT 2007

>From: Hicheal Morton <mh1272 at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/08/05 Sun PM 01:59:37 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Let say you wanted a small, small, PC...

>Here is a small pc:
>it-PC is a PC the size of a paperback and absolutely silent, yet fit enough
>to run Windows XP or Linux. fit-PC is designed to fit where a standard PC is
>too bulky, noisy and power hungry.
>
>     http://www.fit-pc.com/index.htm
>
>2 Ethernet ports
>uses 5 watts

500 MHz "Geode" CPU, 256 Meg RAM, 40 Gig notebook HD - $285

Being kind, I think a "geode" CPU would feel like a similarly-clocked P3 CPU, and the 256 Meg RAM is not expandable, forcing this to be an embedded/special-purpose system - the Intel mini-ITX board is very expandable, and runs at about 25-35 watts (based on my review of various sites, including an HD and 512 Meg RAM).

Still, for special needs, the fit-PC is a great tool...

Lionel