[geeks] Marijuana Legalization

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Aug 3 16:17:07 CDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Hicheal Morton wrote:

> The point of my comment was that people are mis-judging the Democrats.
>
> While they proclaim to support free speech, they limit it, destroy it,
> and crush it EVERY opportunity they get.

My point is that these characteristics is not limited to any one
political party.

> This myth of the Democratic party and officials thereof should be
> recognized and dealt with.
>
> To address Republicans, which was not the the original poster of the
> Democrat fallacy or my comments, is a red herring!

No, it isn't.  You said that one class of people claims to support $foo
and acts to the contrary.  I'm just saying that the class of people can
be expanded significantly.  I'd go so far as to say that the
overwhelming majority of politicians from -any- party (not just the big
two) claims to support freedom and whatever, but defines "freedom" to be
the freedom to watch TV while the nanny state runs our lives.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us