[geeks] Marijuana Legalization

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Fri Aug 3 13:50:21 CDT 2007

Hicheal Morton wrote:
> Regardless, the basic point is still the same: the Democrats are the
> restrictors of free speech in the U.S.A.  Political correctness is
> devastating freedom of expression and the open discussion of ideas.  The
> Democrats are NOT the party of free speech or "the little man" as they were
> several generations ago.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:  We do not have a two-party
system in the US.  We have a one-party system with two public faces.
The principal difference between the two public faces is which freedoms
they want to step on first.  But ultimately, they both have the same
goal: maximum government power at the expense of everything else.

I think it's long past time the moderates of both facets abandoned the
donkey and the elephant and formed their own party.  And when they do,
they might think about inviting some of the more moderate Libertarians
to join them as well.  (Michael Badnarik, for example.)

--
        Phil Stracchino                CDK#2
 phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net   alaric at caerllewys.net
 Landline: 603-429-0220           Mobile: 603-320-5438
        It's not the years, it's the mileage.