[geeks] Marijuana Legalization

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Aug 3 12:41:57 CDT 2007

On Fri, 3 Aug 2007, Hicheal Morton wrote:

> The Democrats of today do not want free speech; they ONLY want free
> Democratic speech.

Neither of the two large political parties in the US want free speech or
freedoms of any kind.

   * Both Clinton and Bush enforced "free speech zones".
   * Both Clinton and Bush grew the BATFE.
   * Both Clinton and Bush grew the IRS.
   * "Nobody died when Clinton lied"?  Tell that to the Bosnians and to
     all the other folks he bomed.
   * Under Clinton, we had the "Telecommunications Decency Act".  Under
     Bush, we have widespread censorship of libraries.
   * Then we have this little jewel:

     http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2007/07/20070717-3.html

     The interesting bit is that it applies to people "...purported to
     act for or on behalf of, directly or indirectly, any person whose
     property and interests in property are blocked pursuant to this
     order..."

A couple of weeks ago, in Asheville, NC, a man was assaulted by a
deputy for flying a flag upside-down.  A few weeks before that, a man
sat in jail in Michigan because his yard wasn't green enough.

The problem is a lot bigger than which political football team scores a
touchdown in any given election.  They're both ate up with assholes who
think we need more government and less personal sovereignty.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us