[geeks] The prices on PCs still amaze me...

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Wed Aug 1 13:10:41 CDT 2007

On Wed, 1 Aug 2007, Lionel Peterson wrote:

> Just an interesting factoid...
>
> Dell has a special on their Dimension 9200 spec'd as follows for $649:

Not bad.

I just priced out an 8GB system with a quad 2.4GHz processor, an Intel
entry-level server board, 3Ware RAID, four 750GB SATA disks, and all the
I/O I'd want in a VMware server for under $3k.

These are good days if you need cheap computing power, and are
platform-agnostic.

--
Jonathan Patschke ) "When they turn the pages of history, when these
Elgin, TX        (   days have passed long ago, will they read of us