[geeks] The prices on PCs still amaze me...

nate at portents.com nate at portents.com
Wed Aug 1 11:53:43 CDT 2007

> Just an interesting factoid...
>
> Dell has a special on their Dimension 9200 spec'd as follows for $649:

Eh, it's ok, but I can get a Intel Xeon X3210 Kentsfield 2.13GHz 2 x 4MB
L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor for $255, or a Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600
Kentsfield 2.4GHz 2 x 4MB L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor for $320, so the Dell
pricing only seems to be about right, nothing special really.  And I'd
rather choose all my other components and put it together myself anyway.

- Nate