[geeks] Needed: PC com port adapter, motherboard -> backplate

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 29 13:35:56 CDT 2007

I need one of those doohickeys that connects a motherboard serial port
to the backplate of a PC, fits in an unused slot opening.

I've searched for a variety of strings, but keep coming up with
everything except what I need.

It's really simple: a 10 (I think) pin connector that plugs into the
motherboard, a ribbon cable from there to a PC backplate and a DB-9 or
DB-25 connector that faces outside.

Yes, I'm the victim of one of those kits that left that part out when I
got my last motherboard, and yes, I threw my old ones away.

--
shannon          | If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.