[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Eric Railine erailine at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 07:54:00 CDT 2007

On 4/27/07, Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net> wrote:
> RJ45F to DB25M/F and DB9M/F adapters are around 36 cents each on
> monoprice.com - we bought a Lantronix 32-port console server at work
> recently.  Lantronix wants $20 *each* for the RJ45 to DBx adapters.
> For less than $75, I got enough "roll your own" adapters from monoprice
> to last us indefinitely (50 each of DB25 M/F and DB9 M/F).

Just a quick secondary recommendation for monoprice as a vendor.  I've
used them for a couple years now as a source for various cables and
equipment and have been very satisfied.  Very low prices for most of
their stuff and very good/quick shipping.  They don't have the largest
variety of items, but what they have tends to be good and quite cheap.
 They're usually my first stop for cables or adapters.

As an FYI, if buying in bulk, you're sometimes better off getting them
from monoprice on eBay -
http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZmonopriceQQhtZ-1; I picked up several
Cisco xover serial cables for about $10 bucks less (once shipping was
factored in) from them on eBay than it would have been via their
website  - and either way was cheaper than any other vendor I could
find at the time.  (yes, I know they don't have any items for sale on
eBay at the moment but I'm sure they will again soon.)

My $0.02.

-Eric