[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 24 14:09:54 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/04/24 Tue PM 01:59:40 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

>On Tue, Apr 24, 2007 at 01:50:38PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>> Also, I've had good luck picking up serial terminals at Ham Fests,
>> typically $5/10 each...
>
>I find that an old laptop works great as a space-saver serial
>terminal.. or just get a Portmaster!

BTW, I've got a totally pimped-out P/233 laptop with a great 1024x768 TFT display, keyboard in good shape, power brick and "usable" battery (on the order of 20-30 minutes) with 144 Meg RAM available if anyone is interested. I got it for a few dollars, *boght* a power adapter and memory SIMM to max it out - probably got just over $50 invested - if anyone wants it, I'd take $50 and toss in shipping...

It currently has Win2K installed (COA attached on laptop), and has a serial port on board, but no built-in Ehternet, but a PCMCIA (aka PC Card) card would handle that for you...

If interested, please contact me off list...

I also have a portmaster available...

Lionel