[geeks] Shrinking the Sun Farm

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 24 13:31:39 CDT 2007

Tue, 24 Apr 2007 @ 11:09 +0200, Jonathan Groll said:

> On Sun, Apr 22, 2007 at 05:53:06PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
> > Sun, 22 Apr 2007 @ 14:27 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:
>
> > I would not mind having a desktop Sun and KVM it with my PC. I guess it
> > would be easiest if the Sun in question used PC keyboards and mice.
> >

> Have you thought about running synergy (its in pkgsrc)? It allows you to
> control multiple machines running X from a single workstation with a
> single keyboard and mouse.

Yes, for simple things and basic X.  It's one of my projects for this
week.

However, I don't like the latency and performance hit, so for actually
getting a machine and using it as a desktop, I rather be directly
connected.

Synergy is something I've been meaning to look at, maybe this week.

--
The strength of the Constitution lies entirely in the determination of
each citizen to defend it.  Only if every single citizen feels duty