[geeks] NEEDED: terminal for my Suns...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Mon Apr 23 13:33:21 CDT 2007

Had a power outtage today.  UPS covered it, but the power company said
it would be hours before restoration, so I shut everything down.

Naturally, the fixed the power in about a half hour.

I won't even go into the hell of navigating their website without a
graphical browser.

As I turned everything back on, all was OK, as expected.

However, my DEC vt520 didn't come up properly. It gave croaky little
beep, and the screen is out of sync. It works fine otherwise, but
something is clearly wrong. It's going to the dump since I doubt it is
worth trying to fix.

It was probably borderline already, and toggling power finished it off.
I also found a sheet of paper covering the cooling vents, which might be
what happened.

So...

Now that the DEC is finally dead, I might as well consider the
possibility of getting something better.

I think it was Sridhar who mentioned IBM terminals were nicer, and I am
thinking maybe something that can do multiple sessions would be nice.

Recommendations appreciated.

Man, I can't believe I tossed my spares...

--
shannon           | It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way