[geeks] Race Tracks

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Apr 22 16:45:09 CDT 2007

Sun, 22 Apr 2007 @ 21:41 +0300, sammy ominsky said:

> On 22/04/2007, at 01:38, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:
>
> > As a driver I don't like it, because it makes it harder for me to
> > watch out for them when they come up on me blind, too fast for the
> > traffic, and in unexpected locations.
>
> Well doing 180km/h in a 100 zone and flying between cars is stupid.

So is riding a racing bike around town, wearing Vans, swimming trunks,
and a t-shirt, while drag racing light to light... :)

We have a large population of those kinds of guys for some reason.

> This whole discussion started because I mentioned lane splitting
> saving me time sitting in traffic. I guess I should clarify that it's
> only a good idea when traffic isn't moving normal speed. When it is, I
> go normal speed and pass normally.

Well, that's just it. The lane splitters are almost universally riding
like idiots.

If they were cautious, then it probably wouldn't bother me much, but I
still think sticking to one vehicle per lane is a better idea.

I do think bikers should stay shifted in the lane to avoid being
crushed, and drivers should *NOT* see this as a reason to close up on
the car ahead.

A little more thought on the part of riders and drivers alike would stop
most of the problems.

--
shannon           | I wish life was not so short. Languages take such a time,