[geeks] tax software rant

Dan Duncan danduncan at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 19:05:21 CDT 2007

On 4/17/07, Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> Man, that sucks.
>
> Could you not manually correct the AGI and then try again?

I pulled up the AGI in taxcut 2005 (still installed) and did an override
and keyed that in and re-submitted.

Rejected again.

So taxcut 2005 and 2006 can't even agree on what my AGI was for last
year and they're BOTH wrong.

I got the correct number without the "benefit" of software and submitted that
and it was accepted.

I submitted my taxes electronically last year using that exact
installed copy of taxcut 05
and that exact .T05 save file.

They'll probably audit me now.

> > Does anyone recommend Turbo Tax?
>
> I've used it for 2 years now, and used it in the past.
>
> I don't like the fancy interface, but it works on my Linux box just fine
> (in spite of the warning), and it puts me through personal and class C
> forms as quickly as can be expected.

Ok, I'll give it a shot next year.  I just hope Taxcut 06 saved the right AGI
number because I plan on importing my Taxcut06 into Turbo Tax 07.

> So far it has never made an error for me.

I hope mine doesn't have any errors.  So far I'm not convinced!

--
Dan Duncan