[geeks] BitTorrent fun

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 11:06:43 CDT 2007

So, the new Ubuntu 7.04 was released today, and I thought I'd download it while the BitTorrent was flush with downloaders...

So I'm downloading i386 Desktop, i386 Server and SPARC Server - guess which is downloading fastest?

SPARC Server (over 500K/sec, consistently for the last several minutes), i386 Server is about 250K/sec (again, consistently), and the i386 Desktop is now rising upto about 85K/sec...

Interesting...

BitTorrent amazes me sometimes... I would have expected the reverse (i386 Desktop fastest, SPARC Server lowest) based on perceived popularity... SPARC Server just finished, in 16 minutes!

Lionel