[geeks] Race Tracks

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Apr 19 08:39:57 CDT 2007

>From: "Sheldon T. Hall" <shel at tandem.artell.net>
>Date: 2007/04/18 Wed PM 09:47:58 CDT
>To: 'The Geeks List' <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Race Tracks

<snip>

>Even at the current price of gasoline here (US$3.19/USGal today), however,
>you have to drive some huge amount of miles to get back the premium you pay
>over an equivalent straight-gasoline-or-Diesel car of the same
>size/comfort/quality as the Prius.  I'd find it a bit hard to feel smug
>about that.

Well, the folks that feel smug about the Prius aren't actually running the numbers. Instead they just, uhm, "know" that it's making a difference, just like they, uhm "know" that carbon offsets will make a difference, and that, "you know", man is going to *destroy* the planet.

It's not about th emath, it's about the emotion...

Lionel