[geeks] Race Tracks

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Wed Apr 18 18:30:35 CDT 2007

Quoth Mike Murphy ...

> What's this geek's list become? My computer is slicker than
> yours and my car goes around the bends faster? ;-) ;-)

Always some form of the former, of course, but in the case of the car
discussion, my only defense is that none of the ones I mentioned were
actually mine.  I don't think "I saw some guy I knew go really fast" is much
of a fast-car DSW contender.

> P.S., the quick car is in the shop and the loaner
> Nissan Sentra is
> a very nice, high mpg, smooth, quiet, comfortable little car.
> I certainly am a geezer, that cinched it.

Heh.  My wife and I debated for months before we decided we were hip enough
to buy a Honda minivan and still miss being full-scale geezers.  We may have
been wrong.

BTW, if you want "a very nice, high mpg, smooth, quiet, comfortable little
car," try a Prius.  It ain't all that small inside, and it's got the "very
nice, high mpg, smooth, quiet, comfortable" bit down pat.

-Shel