[geeks] Race Tracks

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 18:13:23 CDT 2007

>From: Sridhar Ayengar <ploopster at gmail.com>
>Date: 2007/04/17 Tue PM 02:19:35 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: [geeks] Race Tracks

>Anyone know of any road courses around that allow public access?  The
>closer to New York, the better.  Hopefully one that isn't too expensive.
>  I'm looking to stretch my car's legs.

Marque?

Porsche clubs have events all the time, and they frequent nearly all the area racetracks.

I went to an RCCA (Race Car Club of America) event years ago with a friend at Pocono Racetrack in Nazereth, PA. I didn't get to run in my stock Mustang convertible (no roll bar), but my friend ran his Eclipse and had a great time.

IIRC, they had someone ride with you and make sure you could handle your car foar a lap, then they let you go out by yourself in a group of similar "spec" cars. There is no racing, IIRC - you had to ask to pass (much like a vintage car race).

Vintage car races are fun as well, but I'm guessing your car is not "Vintage"...

Lionel