[geeks] tax software rant

Jeff Cole jeff at flambe.org
Tue Apr 17 15:19:00 CDT 2007

On Tue, Apr 17, 2007 at 03:06:41PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
> good news - the omb has ordered - seconded by white house directive -
> that all gov xp and vista machines have a secure config trialed by the
> usaf [on something like 525000 machines], by a year from now iirc.

Yeah. That's just come up at $JOB which is a .gov agency. Fun times
ahead for the desktop support people here. They don't have the best
track record. They couldn't replace my dead PC, they gave a co-worker
the runaround on replacing his dead LCD, they gave my boss crap about
his PC dying, etc.

--
It's not working because:  user to computer ration too low.