[geeks] Vonage alternative?

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 17 13:29:14 CDT 2007

Tue, 17 Apr 2007 @ 09:38 -0700, Sheldon T. Hall said:

> is always a toll-free call.  Having grown up with that, when I moved to
> California I was amazed to find that anything over 12 miles was a long
> distance call.

In Tidewater, Virginia it used to be worse than that.

I could stand on a street and *see* the person I was calling, and it
would be long distance. There were places where a 1 mile call was long
distance.

A few years back they finally merged the whole area into one zone.

--
shannon           | We have nothing to prove.