[geeks] Vonage alternative?

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 17 08:27:27 CDT 2007

>From: Patrick Giagnocavo <patrick at zill.net>
>Date: 2007/04/17 Tue AM 07:31:41 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Vonage alternative?

>On Apr 17, 2007, at 8:20 AM, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>
>> It certainly has not panned out to be the big savings everyone thought
>> it
>> would.
>>

>I don't know your experience, but paying $25 USD a month for unlimited
>calling to US, Canada, Spain, etc. is a pretty good deal.
>
>Maybe you never experienced it, but there are times not too long ago
>when you paid $0.20 (20 cents) per minute to call from one part of the
>state to another part of the same state.

I once paid far in excess of $.20/minute to call Germany - my wife used a line to call Germany that didn't have international service, so it was a "book rate" and was over $1/minute (IIRC, I could be off) - I remember her call (about her friends wedding in Germany) was about an hour and a half, it was about $100 for just that call.

I now have a $5/month international package on my phone, and calls to Germany are $.05/minute (becuase I pay the monthly fee)...

Argh.

I blame myself for not having the service, but I am none too pleased with my LD carrier rates...

Lionel