[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 16 14:31:31 CDT 2007

>From: wa2egp at att.net
>Date: 2007/04/16 Mon AM 10:50:50 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

<snip>

>> And while we're at it, no more goddamned "zero tolerance" BS ....
>>
>> though that'smore of an administration-level issue than a teacher-level
>> issue.  Still, if we hire teachers who know it's bullshit, sooner or
>> later they'll displace the administrators who prop it up.
>
>Zero tolerance is BS.  It's a sound bite for politicians.  In my town a
>teacher was beaten up by three students.  The following week a student
>punched out an assistant principal.  The Board is discussion whether the
>students should be suspended.  The 0-T law in NJ says the students must
>be removed and place in a "special" program in another building.  Yeah
>right!

Does the school have "another building" to put them in? My district has ONE HS, and ONE middle school, so were this to happen here, we'd have to PAY someone to take this student, and of course there's no money for that... ;^)

We have FOUR elementary schools though, but those kids never act up (yeah, right!)...

Lionel