[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Mon Apr 16 11:01:35 CDT 2007

> >The only way I'll ever support increases in teacher's pay, is if they do
> >three things at a minimum:
> >
> >	- require a four year degree, and not in some trivial program
> >	- classes specific to teaching are *extra* requirements
> >	- teachers who don't perform or abuse the kids get canned,
> >	  efficiently and without mercy
>
> NJ meets two out of the three - I can't speak to the firing of substandard
> teachers.

You can if they are caught before tenure.  After that, it's a little harder but
if you are found to be incompetant, you go.  A person can also be RIF'ed or
transferred to a really horrible situation where they quit on their own.
The abuse thing is different.  The nuts at DYFS can go after someone for
giving too much homework.

Bob