[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Sandwich Maker adh at an.bradford.ma.us
Sat Apr 14 14:36:36 CDT 2007

" From: "Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com>
"
" On Fri, Apr 13, 2007 at 12:51:44PM -0400, Sandwich Maker wrote:
" > ich habe ein jahr hochschulerdeutsch, but that's about all i can do
" > with it.
"
" Ja, aber I haben dri Jarhen Deutsch bis Gymnasium. Or did you study it
" in the German Division of (National Lampoon Radio Hour's) Institute
" de la Accsant Fransays?

no, my teacher was from berlin.  it was almost 40 years ago.

" "Ve do not teech you ze grammar, we do not teech you ze vocabularry,
" we only teech you ze acksant".

as it happens i have a very good ear for accents, but i'm no better
than average at all the rest.

" If you don't get it his word order is wrong, and there he made up
" hochshulerdeutsch, the word for High School is Gymnasium. You also
" capitalize ALL NOUNs and end EACH sentence with a period. My ninth
" grade German teacher would give you a zero if you missed a capital
" or the period.

yes, i do know about caps.  i started doing it in english that year.
i type in lc now because i'm lazy.