[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Sat Apr 14 08:29:29 CDT 2007

>From: Brian Dunbar <brian.dunbar at liftport.com>
>Date: 2007/04/13 Fri PM 07:45:35 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

>Sandwich Maker wrote:
>> " From: Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at verizon.net>
>> "
>> " The needs of that $300K student should be funded by the state, not
>> " the local tax payers directly.
>>
>> it certainly is unfair, dropping this bomb on the town after the
>> budget is settled.
>>
>> what happens to the town they left, with a sudden $300k windfall?
>>

>Hey look - the superintendent of schools has a brand new Hummer3!

Superintendents are very well compensated here in NJ, some as much as $140K or higher...

Our superintendent not only doesn't live in district, she doesn't even live in NJ - she commutes from PA (I guess she figures the taxes are too high in NJ ;^). To be fair, many people in my area who make similar money are moving to PA (we are very close to the border, and the differnece in property taxes is significant). (See, PA has local income taxes and funds it's school system differently than NJ)

Lionel