[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Apr 13 20:20:01 CDT 2007

On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 17:15:09 -0400 (EDT)
adh at an.bradford.ma.us (Sandwich Maker) wrote:

> " From: Mike Meredith <very at zonky.org>
> "
> " On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:06:25 -0400 (EDT), Sandwich Maker wrote:
> " > [genetics is another story - the
> " > welsh, and someone claims the whole british isles - are more closely
> " > related to the basques than anyone else]
> "
> " Really ? Have you got any references ? (curious not doubtful)
>
> sadly, i have a poor head for references.  but there have been
> extensive mitochondrial [nicely summarized in 'the seven eves'] and
> y-chromosome studies of europe.

Kind of ironic what my signature program chose for this posting...

I don't know about being related to the basques, as that sounds to me like a
set of assumptions based on celtic myth, legend, and some reality in their
travels to and from parts of Spain long ago.

For example, stories (and a lot of poems) like "The Sons of the Gael" and
how they left their lands in Spain to fight in Ireland, and were ultimately
destroyed.  I didn't think they were basques though, and can't think of who
else it might refer to.

I could look it up, but I want to go play a game, and get some ice cream... :)

--
shannon           | The grieving lords take ship.  With these our very souls