[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Apr 12 13:37:21 CDT 2007

On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 12:55:24 +0300
"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" <gsm at mendelson.com> wrote:

> I've found in public trackers, that increasing upload speed only makes
> things that are popular faster, but not things that are not.

Bingo, and since I generally want what most people don't, it kind of sucks.

It might be interesting if someone came up with a system where your download
speed was based on what you served, and that everyone would also carry a
certain amount of unpopular files as well.

Of course, then you have the issue of carrying files you might not want to
carry.

--
shannon                      | governorrhea: