[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Thu Apr 12 06:28:33 CDT 2007

Sridhar Ayengar wrote:
> Brian Dunbar wrote:
>> Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
>>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 12:53:57PM -0500, Brian Dunbar wrote:
>>
>> I'm biased - my oldest kids attended public schools.  My youngest are
>> home schooled.  I can see the difference.
>

> And, let's face it, public schools are less of an...  *ahem* sheltered
> experience.  Gives you a dose of street smarts.
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

That's an argument that comes up fairly often discussing home schooling.
 I don't buy it but a lot depends on the kid and the circumstances.

I'm biased and the results aren't yet in - but my 12-year old seems no
more different in that regard than his older brother.  But we'll need to
give him a few more years.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

GMT -6
this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod