[geeks] Vocabulary and grammar (was: New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore)

Thu Apr 12 03:03:28 CDT 2007

>> Big words - complex sentence structure.
> About complex sentence structure, I have two things to say.  [...]

In English grammar, "complex" as applied to sentences is a technical
term, referring to a specific type of construction ("a sentence
containing one or more dependent clauses in addition to the main
clause" - quoted from dictionary.com).

Whether that is what the person who wrote "complex sentence structure"
meant is not clear to me, but it seems plausible, at least, and if it
is, talking about complexity in the everyday sense of the word is more
or less irrelevant to it.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca