[geeks] New Tech Schools: Digital Harbor in Baltimore

Sheldon T. Hall shel at tandem.artell.net
Wed Apr 11 19:49:31 CDT 2007

Replying to no-one in particular....

I can't gauge its authenticity, but ...

http://www.freerepublic.com/forum/a3912bdd93fcf.htm

... is fairly interesting.

I might also add that in order to "graduate" from eighth grade at my school,
one had to write a 5-page paper.  In Latin.  IIRC, in order to be graduated
from high school, we had to take math through trigonometry and calculus,
ancient and modern history, one year of Latin and three of another foreigh
language, one year each of physics, chemistry, and biology, etc.  One of the
more important requirements was application to at least three colleges, and
acceptance by at least one.

I wasn't exactly what you'd call a scholar at that high school (I was
next-to-last in my class), but when I showed up at university, I was able to
"test out" of every required class for which there was a test.

Of course, this was in the early sixties....

-Shel