[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Apr 11 16:23:02 CDT 2007

On Wed, Apr 11, 2007 at 05:07:37PM -0400, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Same here. The only really decent P2P application for Linux is
> gtk-gnutella, and it's not ideal.

As I siad before I like torrent flux. I can use it from the infmamous
(from other posts on this list) Windows machine that lives in my wife's
office, but it actually runs on a Linux server.

I'm more interested in longevity and stability than performance,
but I can get as many as 5 torrents going at once with an agregate
donwload rate of about 200k bytes per second, and upload of 23k
(I have a 5m/256k line) on a 1gHz AMD duron with 512m of RAM.

I also use it as a file server, email station and router.

I have to be careful to not let it run with too many big torrents because
I run out of disk space,

> I'm trying hard not to think of all the stuff that comes before what I
> really want.

This computer was my wife's windows computer unitl someone gave us a used
P4.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667  Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838