[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 10 21:43:27 CDT 2007

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 17:10:42 -0700
velociraptor <velociraptor at gmail.com> wrote:

> > For example, KBittorrent provides UPnP, but I can't figure out how to
> > make it work with my firewall machine.
>
> I have a simple WRT54GS-type firewall, so I just set up a specific
> port forwarded for each machine which might be running BT.  When I
> said "random" I didn't mean random for each session, just randomly
> pick one and use it.

Of course, I assume you know that there is no such thing as a random sequence
of 1.

But I know what you mean.

I was reading some of Schneir stuff earlier and I just couldn't help it.

> The trackers don't care what port you use,
> though many underground trackers ban the "standard" one.

I find if I don't use the standard range, I get slower downloads.

You are right that it should not matter, but it seems to anyway.

--
shannon           | An Irishman is never drunk as long as he can hold onto