[geeks] Jackass spammer...

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Apr 10 01:19:41 CDT 2007

Mon, 09 Apr 2007 @ 19:55 -0500, Lionel Peterson said:

> Can't you just block him?
>
> I realize you probably don't want him wasting your machines cycles
> getting the email just to send it to /dev/null, but forcing him to
> stop may be like pushing rope...

That's not really the point.  I generally don't make specific blocks any
more because it usually doesn't help.

I'm curious about this guy because unlike all of the other SPAM I get
these days, he doesn't try to hide at all, and flaunts the anti-spam
laws.

Virginia has put quite a few spammers away, even some locally in
Tidewater, and so I wanted to see if anyone had seen him.

Just curious mostly, though I will keep reporting him.

3 years ago I persistently reported a spammer to the trade comission,
and after 6 months I got a letter that said he'd been dealt with.

I checked and found his system was offline, and when I deleted his
procmail rule, I never got anything else again.

You see, it *does* work to report SPAM, if you are persistent.

--
shannon