[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 10 06:09:56 CDT 2007

>From: Phil Brutsche <phil at tux.obix.com>
>Date: 2007/04/10 Tue AM 02:45:20 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

<snip>

>Personally I "port-forward" TCP port 6881 manually.

I've port forwaded 6881 -> 6899 (from memory) as a previous post sugested, and things got a bit better...

I've now got DVD ISO 2 and 3 - amazingly, DVD ISO 1 is taking the longest, common sense tells me that DVD ISO 1 should be the most popular, and therefore have the most resources available for sharing pieces...

My download rate is aprox. equal to my upload rate (12K/sec download compared with 11K/sec upload rate)...

This is interesting - it says I've got 41 connections, and I guess I can assume it would be about evenly split between sources and requestors.

Now it is about understanding Bittorrent, downloading the DVD is a secondary interest now...

Lionel