[geeks] Say you wanted to...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 10:22:08 CDT 2007

>From: Bill Bradford <mrbill at mrbill.net>
>Date: 2007/04/09 Mon AM 09:48:08 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Say you wanted to...

>On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 10:50:24AM +0300, Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:
<snip>
>> BTW, will the RAM fit an unmodifed Tadpole 3GX? The original ones
>> came with 5 volt memory (32/64m), which I think the U5/10 takes, while the
>> later ones came with 3.3 volt memory (128m).
>
>I doubt it - the U5/10 RAM is much too large of a form factor to fit in
>a portable system.

The RAM in the SPARCbook 3GX is "standard" 72 pin Parity RAM, unless you want the "double DIMM" that takes you to 128 Meg (by using two 64 Meg DIMMs, each is electrically a dual 32 Meg DIMM)...

They were also "low profile" - only one inch tall, IIRC...

They were once compared to unobtanium - I had one laptop with a pair, I think it went to Bob several years ago...

Lionel