[geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Mon Apr 9 08:31:38 CDT 2007

>From: Jeff Cole <jeff at flambe.org>
>Date: 2007/04/09 Mon AM 08:14:59 CDT
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Debian 4.0 Bittorrent for DVD

>Did you miss the link on doing a minimal install from a CD image
>dowloading the rest?
>
>http://www.debian.org/distrib/netinst

No, I was aware of it, but I wanted a standalone install set - I often build up machines away from network connections for various reasons, many with their roots in being too lazy to run a net connection to my workbench ;^) (I fear if I run a net drop to the workbench, it will make it too easy to just leave the running machines on the workbench instead of moving them to shelving/racks for a more permanent home...)

Besides, if I wanted to do a super-dooper mega install, I'd still have to load up 12 Gig from the network 8^)

Lionel